2.13.2011

Paula's

Five years ago, Wes won a gift certificate to Paula's on Main.  It's a pricier (for us), eclectic, mainly seafood restaurant.  It's the type of restaurant that Wes and I would save for a special occasion.  That is exactly what we did.

We were going to save it for when I got pregnant.  I had these fantasies of driving Wes to Paula's blindfolded and seeing the surprised look on his face when he would figure out that the reason we were in Paula's parking lot was because we were going to have a baby.  Obviously, this didn't happen...and whenever Wes would come across the certificate he would say, "Do you just want to go to Paula's?"  My response was always, "I refuse to go until there is a baby in the picture."  ( I promise I said this in a very loving way.)  We always joked that we hoped the certificate didn't have an experation date.

Friday night we went to Paula's.

I love the toy hammer sitting so nicely next to the plants

(I'm surprised we didn't go straight from the hospital when we brought Max home.)  Apparantly, the last 7 months have gotten away from us, but we finally made it.



"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.  Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."  Psalms 27:13-14  

I'm so thankful that part of His goodness included our little Max.  

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! Thank you for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I love how Max is holding the certificate too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...