3.11.2011

Opposites Attract - Project Simplify - Week 1


This is Wes.


This is me.


This is Wes.


This is me.


See those shelves in the back of the closet?  Top two shelves...you guessed it...Wes.  Bottom two shelves me.


Project Simplify started this week and let's just say, I was a little overwhelmed.  

Yes.  That is a jewelry box in the background.

This is what the bedroom looked like while cleaning out the closet.  At least I made our bed. 


Are you ready for the after pictures?  This is a very proud moment for me because I think for once in my life, my side of the closet looks better than my husbands.  Sad thing - It took me a week to get my side of the closet in tip-top shape.  It took Wes 10 minutes to get rid of clothes that didn't fit or he just didn't wear anymore.  


I even spaced my hangers.  My Bass and Aero managers from back in the day would be so proud.


Here is the pile of clothes we are getting rid of.


Best hidden treasure - The creepy marionette that we bought on our honeymoon in Mexico.


If you would like to see other people's before and afters on the Simple Mom page - click here and scroll down to the bottom.

11 comments:

  1. Wow. So store like! Love that your husband got his side done too. No time for that this week but maybe soon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful work! I love it. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I are the same way. He's clean; I'm messy. I don't think we could successfully share a closet, so props to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great job!!! Very impressive. I think I am the Wes in our relationship and Matt is the Abby. His closet is a tornado, along with the entire side of the room. It's okay, the Wes/Abby duo still love the Matt/Abby duo (that is confusing, you know what I mean).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is so great! I am right. there. with. you. on the opposites. I'm a disorganized mess and my hubby is the anal one. My closet isn't done yet, but my side will soon be looking better than his ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I loved this posting. Do you remember when we used to share a room and you were the neat one? I am hoping to complete an organization project when the boys are off playing with Max in a few weeks. Love you and please give Max kisses from his auntie b.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to join in this simplify challenge! In the closet, mine is the neater side & hubby's is the messier side - but both sides need simplifying and cleaning out ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job Abs! Can I hire you to do ours? By the way, Riley looked at your scary marionette and yelled, "daddy!". I guess I can see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of wonderful reading here, many thanks! I had been checking on yahoo when I discovered your submit, I’m going to add your feed to Google Reader, I look forward to far more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, I realize I'm reading this well over a year later, but I'm poking around your blog while my kids watch Super Why.
    These organizing posts crack. me. up. Especially this one because my husband is EXACTLY the same way. Never drops his clothes on the floor. Drawers are always in order. Me? Not so much.
    Bravo to you on your organizing...a year and a half ago. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...