1.09.2012

Ham and Spinach No-Crust Quiche

I had some leftover ham I needed to use.  When I say leftover, I mean Christmas-Day-leftover-ham.

Leftover ham on the verge of going bad + getting a pedicure instead of going grocery shopping = scrambling through Pinterest to find a recipe with some basic ingredients so we can have some dinner.

This quiche caught my eye...

They used mushrooms...I used ham.  They used mozzarella...I used mozzarella and cheddar.

Here are the ingredients.


Just in case you're wondering...I combined two cheeses to get rid of a bag.  I love emptying bags, bottles, jars, etc...

And that poor ham..looking a little rough.

Here are the basics.

Spinach, feta cheese and ham in a pie plate.  Add egg mixture.


Sprinkle with cheese.


Bake. 


I thought I would miss the crust.  Who doesn't love a flaky, buttery crust?

You won't miss it.  I promise.

Ham and Spinach No-Crust Quiche
adapted from Budget Bytes

Ingredients
non-stick spray
10 oz. frozen spinach - thawed
4 eggs
3/4 c. ham, chopped
2 oz. feta cheese
1/4 c. parmesan cheese
1/4 c. each mozzarella and cheddar
1 c. milk
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray pie plate.

2. Spread spinach in pie plate.  Add feta cheese and ham.

3. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and milk.  Stir in parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.  Pour into pie plate.

4. Sprinkle with cheese.

5. Bake for 45 minutes.

Linked up to Tatertots & Jello.

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! Definitely going to give it a try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this! I used to make crustless quiche all the time when I hadrandom stuff to use up in the fridge - and you're right, you totally don't miss the crust! i haven't done it in a long time - thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy recipe! wrote it down :) thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have those same little jars! When I packed my lunch, I would take salad dressing in them, but have been waiting for inspiration. Do you always keep salt & pepper in them? What other uses have you found for them?

    The quiche looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was delicious! Thanks, Abby, for dinner last night!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...