1.01.2012

Hold Your Horses!!!! Don't Throw Away Your Christmas Cards.

Sometimes I feel guilty tossing Christmas cards in the trash after the holidays are over.  Someone took the time to take a family picture, create a card, stuff them in an envelope, address the envelope and slap some postage on it so that I could catch a glimpse of their sweet family.  

I have a good idea.  

Make a prayer book.

Now, if you come around here often, you know that I don't do much crafting on this blog.  And I don't do tutorials.  But this isn't rocket science.  I think you can figure it out.  

You will need this stuff.  Obviously, you can decorate your book any way you would like...


I arranged my cards from smallest to largest and cut my cardstock for the front and back cover the size of the biggest card.  Punch a hole in each card.  Decorate your front cover, hook the cards onto the ring and there you have it.


We will use our prayer book at dinner time - praying for one family each night.


The moral of the story:  If you want us to pray for you, you better send us a Christmas card.  Kidding.
  

          

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet, thoughtful idea! I want to do this! Thanks for posting---and your son is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is brillinat! and now I'm sad I already threw out my cards ;( Next year I'm doing this for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant!
    Just read Max's adoption story.. God's faithfulness is overwhelming, and your family is beautiful
    Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute. We never toss our cards. We usually use them each night at the dinner table during December to have the kids pick one from a basket that we pray for that night. But, love the idea of keeping it up throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! And thank you for the perfect timing as I was about to toss mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. I was planning to put mine together with the rings but adding the pray cover would be super easy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great idea! I am going to pin it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...