8.11.2011

Best Loved Recipes {Fish Tacos}

It's been a while since I've posted any Best Loved Recipes...


Judges:  Wes and Abby

Rating:  and 1/2

I am not a fish person.  My mom was is not a fish lover, so I didn't grow up eating it.  But I put on my big-girl pants and decided to give these tacos a try.  They actually tasted pretty good.  The mango salsa was amazing!  However, the more I thought about what I was eating the more disturbed I got.  {It's a mental thing, I know}  My least favorite part of the entire meal was how it made our house smell.  The next morning, when I came downstairs, the fishy smell was still lingering.  It will be a while...if ever...that I make a fish dish again.  

Fish Tacos - Better Homes and Gardens
1 lb. fish fillets
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
3 Tbsp mayo/salad dressing
1 tsp. lime juice
1 1/2 c. coleslaw mix
8 corn taco shells

Thaw fish, if frozen.  Rinse and pat fish dry.  Cut fish into 3/4 in. pieces.  Place in shallow baking pan.

Combine butter, cumin and garlic powder.  Brush over fish.  Bake in a 450 degree oven for 4 to 6 minutes.

Mango Salsa - Makes 2 cups
1 1/2 c. chopped, peeled mangoes
1 red sweet pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1/4 c. thinly sliced green onions
1 jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp vinegar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click on the button below to find out how you can help!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That Mango salsa looks good. I think I need my chef try this with chicken... I love your pictures of the food Abby. I feel like I can taste the food. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...