8.15.2011

Forgetful

We have enjoyed many parks this summer...especially those with water.  

No matter how many times Max has seen this fountain.  {You know, the one that is going strong one minute and then stops the next.}  


 He always forgets that the fountain of water will return.



I am the same way when it comes to my faith in God.  No matter how many times, I have seen God's faithfulness, I forget and start to think things through on my own.  It never works and just leads to worry-filled thoughts that are only focused on me.



It's probably no shock to any of you, {unless you're new to this blog} that we would love to grow our family by adding more children to the mix.  I get so worked up about it - poor Wes.  Do we adopt again? Maybe I'll get pregnant.  Go through the same agency?  Try a new one?  What if I would get pregnant and I miscarry?  When should we start the adoption process?  What if we have a horrible experience with the birthmom?   What if she changes her mind?   Seriously, I could go on and on wasting your time and mine with these thoughts.  Obviously, these aren't evil questions and it's good to think things through, but when I find myself holding on so tightly to them, that's where it begins to get messy.  As soon as these thoughts enter my mind, I need to release them to God.  He will carry all of my burdens.



One of these days, Max will remember that the water will return every time.

And one of these days today, I will remember that I can immediately hand my worry-filled thoughts over to God because He is faithful in all He does.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Linking up to these lovely blogs.




Sunday Snapshot

4 comments:

  1. It is so true...He will take away our worries as long as we give them to Him!

    And those photos are so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific post! The fountain is a terrific image for the blessings God pours on us and His constant faithfulness! Sweet photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so inspiring!!! What a great way to look at faith and the power of God!!!

    What a cutie!!!! I can't believe you got that shot of him with his face in the water!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So love these pictures. And, love how you are choosing to enjoy today rather than have burdens overtake you. Thanks for sharing -- mind if I use it for WAGI?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...