8.20.2012

Made with Love {easy shredded beef}

I love food that has sentimental meaning to it.  
Pineapple & mandarin cake reminds me of my Gramma Myers.
Hamburger gravy and Susie's surprise reminds me of my mom.
And shredded beef reminds me of my Gramma Amstutz.

Maybe some day I will share all of these recipes with you, but today you're getting the recipe for the one you could do with your eyes closed...except for the sharp knife part.



{Ingredients}
2 1/2 pounds chuck roast
1 can of french onion soup
1 can of cream of mushroom soup {If cream of blank soups creep you out, you can make your own.}

{How to}
Remove fat from roast.
Cut the roast...not the cheese...into chunks.  Place in baking dish.
Mix soups together and pour over meat.
Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 3 to 4 hours.
Shred with a fork.

Serves 4-6

You can eat it as is, {Max's preference}, as a sandwich, over mashed potatoes, or over toast.  We usually go the sandwich route.  My condiment of choice is mustard, but mild peppers and/or some cheese would be delicious too.

Hope you enjoy!
Sorry for the junior high humor...

What food do you have a sentimental attachment to?

Linking up with Tatertots & Jello
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. OOh! I make Italian Beef: 1 Roast, 1/2 bottle Italian dressing, 2 Tbs brown sugar. Add some italian seasoning when it's all done. Yum. I love a memory-laden meal :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...