12.13.2011

First Song {Free printable}

I love my bed...especially in the morning when I wake up.  Warm, cozy sheets pulled up to my chin, cool air on my face, a comfy bed, and my contour pillow.  

Unfortunately, it appears, more times than not,  that I love my bed more than I love my God.  I was convicted of this last night at my bible study.  I say I love God {and I do}, but my actions don't always show it.  


So many nights, I go to bed intending to get up early and spend time with God.  The alarm goes off and I hit the snooze button...over and over.  

Let's just add another "and over" to show you how much I'm addicted to the snooze button.  

By the time I get up, Max is waking up and I've missed the opportunity to have some quiet time with The One who loves me more than anyone else.


Any good relationship needs to have a plan.  God and I have come up with a pretty good one.  I'm going to create a little prayer corner in our bedroom.  Everything is in the "idea phase" right now, so there aren't any pictures yet.  My corner is going to consist of a prayer bench, maybe a little table, some candles, my devotionals, Bibles, etc.  

Do I need a prayer corner to spend time with God?  Nope.  

Do I like pretty things? Yep.  

So a prayer corner it is...

I know that this prayer corner won't magically cause me to leap out of bed every morning, but I think it will be a great reminder for me to spend some time with Him before I leave our bedroom to start my day.  

God brought this song to my mind...and I love the line that says, "May the first song that I sing be praises to My God and King."

I thought I would take a stab at making a printable for our little corner and I wanted to share it with you too.  I have no idea what the colors will look like printed out because we have no colored ink in our printer.  You can make it up to an 8x10.  Hope it works!  Let me know if you have any issues.  






May the first song that you sing be praises to Your God and King.

Linking up to Tatertots & Jello.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. ohmygoodness! so guilty here! totally printing this out and framing it. love it! and i am so GONNA get up when my alarm goes off in the morning to have a little time with my God first thing!

    oh, and thanks for the printable!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...