12.06.2011

Where's the Love? Wednesday {12.7.2011}

What I'm loving this week...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.




Sorry for the severe angle on this next one.  Just tilt your head to the left...  

...and I took this picture before I got a stocking for Max.  



A new tradition.

I took 24 of Wes' and my ornaments from our childhood, hung them on a metal tree {that miraculously had 24 spots}.  Starting on December 1, Max gets to choose one ornament to hang on our tree.





Hmmmm...which one should I choose today?


The rocking horse?  The creepy clown?



 Nope.  This one.


A kiss for good measure...


The rocking horse and the bear happily sitting {not hung} on the tree.


On Christmas morning, he will open up his ornament for that year and hang...or set...it on the tree.  As he gets older, we will replace our ornaments with his.  

As more children are {hopefully} added to the mix, they will all have to learn the lesson of taking turns.


Max's four friends...all other Christmas decorations are off limits.

Unfortunately...tall, skinny, baseball Santa got his feet chopped off by an aggressive 17 month old.  


Wes and I are going through The Jesse Tree Advent Celebration {available to A Holy Experience subscribers}.  It's been a great way to prepare our hearts for the true meaning of Christmas.  I've found myself getting really excited about Christmas day and celebrating the birth of My Savior.  
  




Have a lovely Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. What sweet tradition you have started, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks great and so does Max! abbyb

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...