12.07.2011

10 for 10

How many times have I gone to Target and bought something that I could have done without?

Too many.

$10 here.  $10 there.

What do I have to show for it?  A wallet?  Some makeup? A shirt I really don't need that's on clearance?

This past Sunday at church, my eyes were opened to some sweet children that could use my money so much more than I need a new shirt.

My church is partnering with New Life Home Trust in Nairobi, Kenya to help change the lives of 10 special needs orphans.  I won't go into all of the details because the video does an amazing job.

Go ahead...I'll give you about 5 minutes to watch it.



Wasn't it worth the 5 minutes?  Did you catch how much needs to be raised to get these 10 children a room of their very own?  $75,000.  $7,500/room - in case you are a little rusty on your math skills.  That's a big number, but not too big for our God.  

So, this is where you come in...

You probably don't go to my church, but I thought you might be interested in being a part of this effort. Money will be collected until the end of 2011.

I want to challenge you to give $10.

There are no iPads, jewelry, or gift cards to be won for a random giver.

Just the satisfaction of knowing that you are doing something for 10 kids over in Kenya.

If you have a blog, would you be so kind as to post this button on the side of your blog so others can hear about it too?  Thanks!




Photobucket 


Click here to help change some lives and forgo your trip to Target.  :)

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...