12.27.2011

Christmas Festivities

Christmas Eve Eve

Max, Wes' parents and I went to a live nativity.  {Wes was at home with a flu bug.}   We saw angels, some animals, Mary and Joseph, and the star of the show, baby Jesus.  It was so simple, but so meaningful at the same time.  Max was mesmerized by the whole thing and was very concerned when baby Jesus started crying.


After we finished with the nativity, we headed into the barn for some Christmas carols and a short message.

Once again...Max was mesmerized... by this guy.  He loved petting his nose and feeding him some straw.


Christmas Eve

We had Christmas with Wes' parents.

Wes read the Christmas story.


We opened presents.


Max got a train.


A remote control car.


And a kareoke-music-thingy that I may "accidently" remove the batteries from.  Just kidding...but if I hear the "do-re-me" song one more time, it may put me over the edge.  


Christmas Day

We started a new tradition of hanging an ornament {starting December 1} on the tree each day until Christmas morning.  Max has loved doing it.  And we have loved watching him scurry to the play room to pick out the ornament for the day.  On Christmas day, Max got his 2011 ornament.  Wrapped very classily in a target bag...


...and placed in the box you see below that will be designated for his ornament each year.  His ornament is the reindeer you can see at the bottom of the picture.  


We took family pictures after church.



Another new tradition...

Angel food cake to celebrate Jesus' birthday.  Yes, I used a bundt pan.  I guess I will have to ask for a tube pan next year for my birthday.


Max waiting patiently for the celebratory cake and the singing of "Happy Birthday to Jesus".




After Wes' parents headed home, Wes, Max and I had our family Christmas.  Sorry...no pictures...we were busy keeping Max from opening presents that weren't for him and taking the ornaments off of the tree.  Seriously, he hasn't messed with the tree all December.  I'm not sure what got into him.  Despite his moments of craziness, we had a sweet time with each other. 

Our Christmas festivities aren't over yet.  We're heading over to my parents' house tomorrow for our last Christmas celebration of the year.  

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...